Break Out Of Your Depression With
Have you noticed lately that you feel unhappy all the time, have a lack of energy, can’t sleep, and are unable to concentrate? If so, then you have probably tried to figure out how to fight the signs of depression that have taken hold of your life and given you a sense of hopelessness. The reality is that your diet may be working against you and making things even worse. The good news is that there are certain foods that you can eat in order to combat the negative effects that cause all of the sadness. Some of the staples that you can add to your diet include wholesome choices such as: Fish, fruits, nuts, and vegetables. This article will look at some of the benefits that you can gain by adding these nutritious groceries to your daily dinner plate.
Five Foods To Fight Depression:
1. Fish: Scientific studies indicate that people who don’t get enough Omega 3’s tend to experience major bouts of despair. Omega-3 Fatty Acids are contained in various types of fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, mackerel, and sardines.(1) It is important to be sure to avoid the “farmed salmon” if possible because it can decrease your Omega 3 content by up to 50% when compared to wild salmon. In addition, many farmed salmon are being fed foods such as soy and corn that have been genetically modified and are not good for your body.(2)
2. Walnuts: Nuts are another rich source of Omega 3’s, and numerous studies have shown that walnuts drastically reduce the symptoms of unhappiness. In fact, the large increase of psychiatric problems in the western world could very well be attributed to the decrease of Omega-3 Fatty Acids in the average diet, according to a study that was published in the British Journal of Psychiatry.
3. Dark Leafy Greens: Severe forms of sadness have been linked with inflammation in the brain based on a study published in JAMA Psychiatry. However, there is still good news for people who are wondering how to fight the depression, and it “stems” from dark leafy greens. These leafy vegetables help fight against all kinds of inflammation and even help the body to fight against cancer cells. They are also power packed with Vitamins K, E, C, and A, phytochemicals, and minerals.
4. Berries: A study published in the Journal of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine revealed that patients who were given antioxidants had fewer melancholy characteristics. This is great news for those who continually fight against a case of the doldrums. Blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries contain some of the highest antioxidants available.(3)
5. Tomatoes: Approximately 1/3 of patients who are unhappy have a folate deficiency based on research in the Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience. Foods such as tomatoes contain folic acid, which allows vital neurotransmitters for the brain such as norepinephrine, dopamine, and serotonin to form in the body.(4)
Although we all have times when we feel downhearted, there are things that can be done to break out of the rut. If you will decide to eat foods that fight depression on a regular basis, then you will be healthier, feel better, and have more mental clarity to tackle whatever happens to you throughout the day.
Other sources to help:
1: Destroy Depression